Production SQL DBA Opening in North Texas
(SQL Server) Keywords: database, asp, sql, security, microsoft
Passing this along for a friend...If you know anyone looking, please let me know. Pay terms seem to be a little higher than normal for that many years of experience.
- Installation, configuration, customization, maintenance and performance tuning of SQL Server 2005 & 2008 including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- SQL version migration, patching and security management.
- Monitor database server capacity/performance and make infrastructure and architecture recommendations to management for necessary changes/updates.
- Perform database optimization, administration and maintenance (partitioning tables, partitioning indexes, indexing, normalization, synchronization, job monitoring, etc).
- Manage all aspects of database operations including implementation of database monitoring tools, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, performance optimization routines and top-tier support for resolving support issues.
- Work with internal IT operations teams to troubleshoot network and server issues and optimize the database environment.
- Establish and enforce database change management standards including pushes from development to QA, on to production, etc;
- Proactively stay current with latest technologies and industry best practices associated to the position and responsibilities.
- Provide development and production support to troubleshoot day-to-day database or related application issues.
- Develop, implement and verify processes for system monitoring, storage management, backup and recovery.
- Develop, implement and verify database backup and disaster recovery strategies.
- Design and implement all database security to ensure integrity and consistency among the various database regions
- Develop and maintain documentation of the production environment.
- Manage SLAs and strict adherence to production controls - Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) monitored via external audits
- Must have experience on SQL Server 2005.
- Good exposure on Installation, Configuration of database Clusters, Replication, Log shipping and Mirroring
- Expertise in Troubleshooting and performance monitoring SQL Server Database server (Query Tuning, Server Tuning, Disk Performance Monitoring, Memory Pressure, CPU bottleneck etc.)
- Expertise in T-SQL and writing efficient and highly performing SQL Statements.
- Expertise in SQL Server Internals, wait events, profiler, windows events etc
- Must have understanding of key infrastructure technologies such as Clustering, SAN Storage, Virtualization, Cloud services etc.
Other nice to have experience:
- System administration fundamentals including Installation, Configuration & Security setups.
- Experience with SQL 2008 a plus.
- Experienced in architecting high availability, business resumption and disaster recovery solutions
- Microsoft SQL Server DBA Certification
- Experience with SCOM/SCCM/SCSM is a plus
- Extremely self motivated and ability to work within a globally dispersed team.
Education & Work Experience:
- Data Warehouse experience
- VLDB experience highly desired
- Experience with databases > 5 TB, processing 2 million + rows of data daily
- MS SQL Server 2005 Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Stored Procedure Development Communication Skills, work well with the team, and within team processes
- Database and file size and space forecasting ability
- Ability to manage a complex database system and assist the client with Database Integration for Future Business Intelligence efforts
- Confio Ignite Performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other
- 10+ years experience as a Database Administrator